View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 03:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wuero370z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Nissan 370z
Wuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeThruHead View Post
I think it makes the most sense on a staging brake. If you had one of those to preload the drivetrain you'd be holding it anyway.

You could rig a button just in reach of a finger when you hand is in first gear. Hand on shift knob, finger pressing the button. No way you would forget to let go of the button since you wouldn't be able to reach it from second gear anyway.

Another option might be a simple time delay relay that energizes the circuit for .5 seconds after you press the button. Though I think that would be too fiddly.

Not really any where near the shifter I could put a button and shift at the same time without making some contraption.
I can’t throw it on a staging brake because as soon as the light comes on, I let off the stage brake so it would cut signal to the slip device.
I also agree a delay relay would be too much to adjust and play with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wuero370z is offline   Reply With Quote