View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 03:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
SeeThruHead
Track Member

Drives: Red '18 Sport Manual
SeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuero370z View Post
I thought about holding the button also but what if I forget to let go? Or I let go a second too early? Just a lot of pressure during a racing situation.

I thought about a first gear switch but haven’t figured out how that would look. Guess I’d have to make a little bracket with a push button switch that sits in the shift linkage area but not entirely sure that’s the best route to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it makes the most sense on a staging brake. If you had one of those to preload the drivetrain you'd be holding it anyway.

You could rig a button just in reach of a finger when you hand is in first gear. Hand on shift knob, finger pressing the button. No way you would forget to let go of the button since you wouldn't be able to reach it from second gear anyway.

Another option might be a simple time delay relay that energizes the circuit for .5 seconds after you press the button. Though I think that would be too fiddly.