View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 02:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wuero370z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Nissan 370z
Wuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeThruHead View Post
looks like it only delays when the circuit is closed.
So install a simple button anywhere you can reach when you are launching.
In the video they made their staging brake close the circuit. Which makes sense.
But that button can go anywhere within reach.

It doesn't seem to need to be more complicated than that.

You could maybe hack the ecu to supply voltage while you are in first gear.
But seems way more complicated than just holding the button when you are launching, to me.

EDIT:

Or you could mount a switch in the shift linkage that is only pressed when in first gear.

I thought about holding the button also but what if I forget to let go? Or I let go a second too early? Just a lot of pressure during a racing situation.

I thought about a first gear switch but haven’t figured out how that would look. Guess I’d have to make a little bracket with a push button switch that sits in the shift linkage area but not entirely sure that’s the best route to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wuero370z is offline   Reply With Quote