View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 11:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
DarkJak
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z
DarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond repute

Are the GT3 ducts only mounted to the body, and not moving with any control arms? Just wondering how the mounting worked out. I have 3 sets of them as potential add-ons to various cars, and wasn't able to figure out a good solution for them on the arms, but your setup looks much nicer.

I'll plug my Pro5000R kit which has been taking a good amount of abuse well from a few track Z's this year, myself included. I have two sets of brackets and hats still, and with the USD being so strong, the calipers are relatively cheap to pick up compared to last year. Pricing ends up being similar to Stoptech Trophy brakes as a result.
Getting away from the Akebonos means being able to use rings that support a closer to 2" pad depth, vs the roughly 2.75" depth needed with the Akebonos. This lets the rotors be much lighter and opens up a lot more choices.

Super interested in any feedback you have on Paragon's rings. They come up as very enticing alternatives to some of the AP ones, being a little bit cheaper. I'd love to hear how to wear over track days. I have a set sitting around, waiting on some more niche (much smaller) Pro5000R calipers to be in stock for my Exige.
09 7AT|MCS 2WNR|Topgunz Rotrex|Ecutek (Eugene)|Maxxis RC1|Titan-7 TS-5|OSG LSD|Rear Mount Derale Oil Cooler (WIP)+25 Trans Cooler|Fismo|G-LOC R12/R10|Zeta III L|NLR Wing and Splitter|CJM Pan and Fuel Hat|Radium Surge Tank|AP Racing CP9668
DarkJak is offline   Reply With Quote