View Single Post
Old 09-09-2022, 07:13 AM   #163 (permalink)
filip00
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to sound like an *******, but that's just an idiotic approach.
I'm not saying I'm the best driver on the road, but I've long ago memorized every pothole and bump in the road, if not for driving a car, it's because I do a lot of road cycling.

Regarding driving style, I'm a normal driver, keeping the speed limit, not doing anything crazy. Our roads in Slovenia are OK, I'd even go so far as to say they're not bad at all actually. I went over the speed bumps as well, if I stop the car and go very easy - no scraping. I did notice on some that I get the "front spat flap" scrape (not sure if that's the correct name of that part) - and there I have just 3 inches of clearance. So my first question is - can I just remove them, is there any specific function to it?

Otherwise I'll go to the garage todaay and measure clearance all around (bumper lip, front spat, sideskirts, engine undertray, exhaust pipes which go around the diff). I already checked the "usual" clearances for various other cars which are supposed to be fairly usable so that I'll know whether I'm in the idioticly low zone or I'm still in the somewhat normal zone.

I still have concerns about rubbing if I want to put spacers all around. The rear looks like it could handle 15-20mm spacers, but in the front the wheel arch plastics seem like they are just super close to the wheel - I can't imagine not scraping it in case of bottoming out (or just being close to bottoming out).
filip00 is offline   Reply With Quote