View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 02:48 AM   #76 (permalink)
OptionZero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeThruHead View Post
fwiw
I think adding a hotchkiss front bar for my recent track days did not help understeer at all.

I need more track days with some different bar setups to really tell for sure.
But with stock tires, stock suspension and a hotchkiss front bar: The car was incredibly understeer prone.
Don't think the back stepped out once.
This could be explained away by driver error.

BUUUT. Sway bars are not expensive, and not hard to swap. So might as well have a couple different sets.

Obviously we know from all the actual track drivers, it's a much different story on track with proper track alignment.

Track folks are running 275 or 285 (or more) in front
Nissan increased the front tire width on the new Z (And increased caster)

All this talk about how “stiff front bar still understeers” is missing the point. If you actually wanted to reduce understeer you’d go to the root of the problem

This is like having a leak roof and bitching about how a bucket isn’t stopping the house from getting wet

But if I was building a car for daily canyon driving, on softish springs and PS4S. I think I would end up with a more balanced set of sway bars.
Your stock suspension and stock tired car understeers because that is how Nissan designed the car. You have the same problem as the other dude, you haven’t actually fixed the problem - insufficient front grip

More tire and more camber is the solution

No sway bar is gonna fix the issue

Last edited by OptionZero; 08-31-2022 at 02:52 AM.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote