View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 09:19 AM   #911 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Put all the fuel lines back in, didn't pressure test yet. Main fuel pump hose fell off in the tank I think so the pump needs to be inspected and then I will pressure test with the main pump. Hose lengths were perfect on everything so I was able to secure my filter to the car properly with screws.

The exhaust was not angled correctly and extended too far out on the driver's side. I spent a lot of time getting the pipe angle symmetrical to the passenger side. Front facia holes were expanded for the new trim piece. You'll notice the holes getting bigger through out the pictures. I didn't get a picture of it finalized... but what ever, it's a hole.

Last thing I did was get the waste gate pipe cut and on. both pipes are close to the same length one is a bit longer because one waste gate sits a bit higher due to how the OEM header sits higher.

All the exhaust piping is done. It's out the door for TIG welding.

First photos shows the angle. Notice how it tips up too much and how far it sticks out. I needed to have most of the pipe close to flush with the bumper and then pie out a few back so that air doesn't get rammed down the exhaust. Getting the pipes to match using metal is extremally difficult, I also tried keeping the piping tight so the welds would be good.

Hopefully context will help with the photos as I go. Or else it will look like random exhaust shots.

Compare to the passenger side

Cut the odd angle with the Metabo... Not really different when I need other cuts though.

Overhead shots to show the tire gap. This is absolute max space given the turbo location. Very happy with the spacing. Wasn't done with the angling but wanted the picture. The passenger side was difficult because the pipe needed to extend down, then come back in next to the up pipe, and then make the correct angle out the bumper while keeping maximum space away from tire.

Driver's side angled to what the passenger side is.... I might have worked it a few more times after this too.

Finished piping. Notice the ends have been angled back.

Bumper on perspective

Pipe is slightly too big for the Wastegate because it is supposed to fit inside. I don't care, it's what the shop had.

Left hand side you can see the dump pipe. It doesn't need to go down far.

Gates poke past oil plumbing.... Probably needs a heat shield there. Also if you look close you can see oil on the black pipe going into the scavenger pump. I need to take it off and tighten.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote