View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 12:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
MotorvateDIY
Base Member

Drives: G37 Sport
MotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by street2soul View Post
MK60 will disable speedo, but not the tachometer.

I could be wrong, but I doubt the Bosch unit will let you keep the OE functions unless you run the OE ABS together to keep original speed sensors communicating to the OE ABS module and the CAN communications from OE ABS to the ECU
Not if you run the wheel speed sensors to both modules... the MK60 module as a standalone and keep the "electronics" part of the factory ABS module connected.

The Better Option
The other option is for me to build a CAN bus gateway that receives/converts the MK60 wheel speed (CAN bus ID 0x1F0) and send it to the speedometer CAN ID.

Then you just remove the factory ABS module, add the MK60 and my module and you will have MK60 ABS, with speedometer. The ECU sends the engine RPM to the cluster via CAN bus, so that always works.

With the above you won't have stability control or traction control.

The same module could be reprogrammed for the Bosch ABS unit. It sends wheel speed using CAN ID 0x24A and it would be received and converted from m/s to MPH, then sent to the factory cluster for an operational speedometer.

The 370, G37, and GTR (and most Nissan/Infinities from this era) use the same CAN bus architecture. This means all speedo messages or wheel speed or brake line pressure are encoded the same way.

Below is a short video showing some of the results of my CAN bus research.
The exact same code will also work on a 370, or GTR and most other Nissan/Infiniti's of that era.

Controlling the G37 gauges using CAN Bus! Motorvate's DIY Garage Ep.37
https://youtu.be/lWDMs2Ql58g
MotorvateDIY is offline   Reply With Quote