View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 05:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 140BPM View Post
You mean the pin or whatever internal mechanism inside the ESCL might have re-engaged somehow over time? With the fuse out I expected that locking/unlocking the car would have zero effect on the ESCL. Would it be worth trying to get it running again, insert fuse again, then after unlocking successfully tap with a mallet anyway to be sure the mechanism inside is fully free?

Btw battery is fine. New battery in fob too.
There are some moving parts inside that make contact with some internal limit switches. If the parts have moved around so that they are not making good contact with the limit switches, the car won't start.

Cycling the ESCL will probably fix things but no guarantees.

I've bought batteries that were DOA but I don't think that's your problem.