View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 02:53 PM   #6906 (permalink)
SeeThruHead
Track Member

Drives: Red '18 Sport Manual
SeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveVQ View Post
Open deck v6 vs a I6 that has a closed deck? That's what we call a no brainer in the tuning world. Why on earth would I spend $50k for a weaker platform. When I can get a much much MUCH Stronger platform for a few k more?

Tired of the open deck weak sauce Nissan has been giving us for the last 2 decades. Seriously, this is why we have to spend damn near 6 figures to be able to compete with cars that have spent not even half that much. It's very very frustrating when I think about all the damn limitations the Z has to overcome to be able to compete properly mod for mod.

I want to love the new Z but fundamentals just keep getting in the way of that happening.
Yeah this is exactly it.
Not only is the engine way better.
It's lighter, stiffer, and handles better than a 370z (making it WAY lighter than the chunky new 2023 z)
You can get a clean single owner 370z for 34k(cad), but a new supra is closer to 100k cad after all taxes and fees etc. So it's hard sell to upgrade, but if you're going to upgrade, do it to the Supra and not a sidegrade to the 2023 Z, imho.