View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 03:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BULL View Post
Unpopular mod here.

I couldn't rely on the oem plastic to hold.

Metal replacement scared me that would rip the front end in an accident.

Took some compressed wood and covered it in flex seal and it's been 2 years, 1 hurricane and 3 floods and it's still holding.

My design is a flat board that ends by the oil pan. My first design which covered the bottom just like factory also increased my IATs a bit.

Second design ends by the oil pan and it's withstood 140mph. When it rips I dont have a worry of any damage it would create.

P.S. I looked at most shields and they have lowered area for to compensate for the sway bar however at stock height the bar is far from touching.
It's not an issue. The metal undertray will bend. If you hit something in the front, the bumper cover is done anyways. It's garbage.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote