View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 04:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
jmikes
Base Member

Drives: 17 370Z Base (AT)
jmikes is on a distinguished road

All signs point to needing to change my diff gear ratio in my tune, unfortunately HPTuners truly does suck as much as people say it does because there is absolutely no place anywhere in it that lets you change diff ratio for a 370z. Even on the "speedometer" page, which shows diff ratio settings on screenshots for other (mostly USA) cars, there is no setting but wheel diameter which does absolutely nothing when changed. Looks like HPTuners definitely isn't made for our cars, yikes!

Will be moving to ECUTek soon then, for now manual mode works completely fine albeit with slightly lower redline than desired. My brother (who actually has a ton of tuning experience but just wasn't familiar at all with the quirks and problems of HPTuners) and I do all our tuning on our own because it's a lot of fun to us. Granted, we only even used HPTuners because long story short it was either money wasted on a non-returnable tuner my brother got a year ago or say screw it and see how well it works on my car.

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated! Will come back to here if when I swap over I still can't fix the issue, but I'm absolutely certain now that it's that one setting.