View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 02:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
THE BULL
Base Member

Drives: G37S
THE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsairprime View Post
Could also be that the AFR sensors in the exhaust track (the first ones) finally gave up. Mine quit around 110k Miles. If you run an OBD2 scanner program, you might see some anomalous readings on the AFR circuits. This is what I noticed and prompted me to replace them both.

Just a thought, but check your exhaust for leaks too.
Correct.

You should be able to monitor your A/Fs to find out if they are operating at all.
Going from a normal sound to a weird sound can be a leak, it can also mean that the cats are done and they messed up the A/Fs as they went.

With the cats clogged the A/Fs will take a beating many times overheating, you can monitor catalytic temp through the A/F sensors.

Any issues with these sensors will usually send the engine into default fuel parameters which mean pig rich airfuels.

I suggest you monitor the A/F readings then take off your exhaust and check those cats.
THE BULL is offline   Reply With Quote