View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 10:09 PM   #522 (permalink)
DrBacon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 Nismo
DrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Q60awdSPORT View Post
I’ve used it on 3 builds and current build never with any issues whatsoever.

You don’t spray pre MAF…

Properly atomized 49% or less WM mix won’t cause any corrosive issues/concerns to anything that it would come in contact with. It’s too little amount, too low concentration and for too brief of time. If you have poor atomization, spraying way too much, have dripping or pooling issues or spray in the wrong part of the system, sure it would possibly be a concern. But that isn’t a concern on proper setup.

Your 1. Is always an option and has phenomenal benefits to heat soak/consistency of back to back pulls. Always a great easy safe option, but correct I wouldn’t consider it a power adder rather a power retainer.
Your 2. Is incorrect with a proper setup. WMI failsafe pretty much eliminates all of this concern and you can safely tune for the increased octane, cooling, and supplemental fuel being added and get great power gains in addition to the heat soak/consistency from option 1.
The failsafes actually have a way to cut ignition with a factory ecu? Because if I remember right those "failsafes" were just a little indicator light if the nozzle was spraying. That would not save your engine if it decided to fail mid pull, or at worse, human error in failure to verify everything is working every time you get into boost.
DrBacon is offline   Reply With Quote