View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 10:54 AM   #369 (permalink)
danegrey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 370Z BK Cherry M6
danegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond repute

My Barber Motorsport Park Track day

It was an interesting track day, I say interesting because of the vast variety and skill levels.

I got a message that they were moving me up to intermediate, because of a lack of instructors and having done track days. I wanted an instructor only because I had not done Barber. So I did get an instructor, but it was going to be lead - follow, there were only 2 of us and the instructor. So it was not too bad. The first car, got released in 2 laps, I got released to run on my own by the 8th lap, partly do to so much traffic.

Let me explain, there were, Datsun 510s, 240Z/260Z/280Z/300ZX. Skill level all over the place. Car prep all over the place. So I just had to flow and get the point by's and have fun.

The entire day was like that, got some clean laps and worked on my lines and enjoyed the flow of Barber.

Interesting notes:
  • Every little straight, hit at least 100 mph
  • Instructor, asked how the SIM compare to the actually course, I found this funny.
  • I can say for sure that the Z1 Fuel Starvation kit works great. No problems constant flow of fuel, until I ran out of gas on the track.
  • Feedback from the instructor was all good on my lines.
  • total time laps ended up being 54 laps, not a bad day
  • with a 19.x gallon tank ran out fuel after about 151 miles, or 54 laps. Calculated fuel mpg was about 8, sure likes to eat at speed

Best lap of the day was a 1.49.47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUnuQpSzf2Y