View Single Post
Old 07-30-2022, 09:05 PM   #58 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Been a while since I've been on here. So I'm going to assume my CSC is on it's way out.

Background Info: In 04/2021, I was driving to work and happen to notice a different clutch pedal feel. It didn't sink to the bottom, but felt lighter, and after parking at the office, I did notice the clutch fluid reservoir was only half-full, when I've never had to top it off in the 3 years of ownership at the time. No noticeable fluid leaks underneath the car, nor inside the cabin, so I'm thinking it is leaking within the tranny housing. To date, I have not fixed due to many reasons, but to drive it once every 2 weeks to get the oil running and have to top off the clutch fluid once a month.

I am really leaning towards keeping the car for long-term and thus leaning towards replacing the CSC and MC. I have done plenty of research and spent countless hours viewing through the threads of this site. Not sure if some of the veteran members are still around or moved on, but looking to get some insight and opinions.

1. I am hearing and reading more good things about ZSpeed and some bad things about Z1. I've also read that some members originally went with Z1 and will be switching over the ZSpeed. For those that have gone either route, what are your thoughts?

2. I have also read that some members only replace the CSC and leave the OEM clutch. I get the logic/reasoning of replacing the clutch while you have everything out, but is this possible/reliable leaving the OEM clutch? My clutch has plenty of life left and I don't track her at all (2013 Z with only 41K miles).

3. I am most likely doing this myself, but just in case, does anyone know of or have experience with any shops in the Tampa, FL area? There is 1 notorious shop, but have heard HORROR stories about them.