View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 05:29 PM   #92 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z944 View Post
Who said anything was "wrong" with the vq? The VQ is great. It does not have boost tho, and wasn't dressed up for boost from the factory. That's the VR. I'm not correcting anything. Why plug in aftermarket crap??? Better is subjective. If they fit, they fit. I'm just looking for an OEM route to plugging in turbos. Simple as that. The vq heads likely wont line up with the intake, and not ideal for boost. I mean, if the intake lines up then you could even use the vq heads in theory. I wouldn't run a stock vq head for boost tho. I's assume nissan dressed up the heads for boost too.

I don't know what parts you guys are looking at, but the ones im seeing all share the same core parts bin so far. Dude, it's nissan, not pagani. lol Are you familiar with the FM platform/chassis? the same chassis ALL RWD nissans have? Pretty sure the GTR also uses the same chassis.. in theory I could chop it down, and build a perfect altima from it. LMAO They did not develop a custom crankcase and block for the GTR, they just dressed it up as a "VR". Also note the factory nomenclature vQ vR. That's the thing with the GTR, its priced with exotics, but it's basically just a nissan parts bin special. FFS, they haven't even changed the powertrain in what? 15 years or something? Why do you think that is? Cause it costs too much for a failing nissan who is hanging by a thread to develop a bespoke motor or even chassis for the GTR. Lot of smoke and mirrors going on at nissan.

I rest my case.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote