View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 02:10 AM   #67 (permalink)
370Z944
Base Member

Drives: 370zNismo/944 turbo
370Z944 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
The 350 Nismo will go up in value, if it has been unmolested.
100%

Sometimes I regret not getting the 350 nismo. Frankly, I think the first gen 370 nismo is better tho. I came across two while sourcing my 2011. I think in 20 years the badged 370 nismos will be pretty collectible. In 20 years you'll be able to pop the hood and still go.. no ****.. a vr top end.. rad. The stillen, FI, <insert random aftermarket parts huckster> cars will likely long be forgotten about. Rotting in some storage unit, or barn cause they couldnt get the parts to fix it, and just said eff it. It should also be CARB compliant. Will pass smog and visual.. Looks OEM. Theyre not gonna remove intakes and parts to look for turbos underneath.

That's one of the great things about keeping mods in the OEM bins.. It's arguably not molesting it. Not everyone agrees, but enough do to make the mods worth it in the long run, if done right. It takes a while to find the right buyer to appreciate it, and chunk ouyt a premium for it, but they're around. MA motorsports would be a good shop to do the build if hedging against deflation I think. Of course if you really want to impress and shut up even the most purist snobs you could try to get nismo to do it. MA is pretty closely affiliated with their motorsports division tho, so in 20 years it could still be considered OEM built even. In the Porsche world we have the classic cars program now and porsche will completely disassemble and rebuild your car with original factory tooling. MA is kinda like andial in the porsche world. Porsche ended up buying andial.. Their old builds are basically oem porsches to collectors. Ruf comes to mind, they never built 944's but everyone has heard of them.
370Z944 is offline   Reply With Quote