View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_110 View Post
Other than price, why not just go with the CSF triple pass and just remove the condenser coil (it's only bolted on). At one point I believe Z1 even sold it without the condenser. I don't see that option now but I have to imagine the condenser less option is still available somewhere.
Obviously logic dictates that it makes more sense to just choose the CSF or Koyorad. What sense does it make to not only purchase a radiator that you can’t be sure would fit, but also requires cutting the shroud, and reducing the inlet sizes. Then imagine, after my great experiment won’t fit, rather than returning it, cutting the lower mounting flange on the radiator? What the hell would I have done if it still did not fit after cutting it!?

Just a little window into my strange mind…

But in my defense, there are no other double core options available (in theory it should out perform a same size single core even with triple pass. 3 pass = 5-10% increase in efficiency while 2 core = 40-50%) and the price!

But for anyone reading this. Don’t do it! Just run away!

Last edited by ResIpsa; 07-21-2022 at 05:12 AM.
ResIpsa is offline   Reply With Quote