View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 05:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedmeister View Post
Just remember air out flow is almost as important as in flow. I have my 40 row
cooler where the windshield washer fluid was. Direct ducting to it and exiting
into the wheel well. My radiator is tilted forward and there is a ton of room
between the back of the radiator and the block. There is direct ducting to it and hood vents for the air to leave the engine bay. Oil temps barely reach 210
at Sebring in the summer. Water temps never go above the 50% level on the light bar.
Unfortunately, that doesn’t tell us anything about your water temps. You could be pushing 230° water and still be at the middle dot. That gauge is a dummy gauge. It only goes full when you exceed 240°. You probably need to get a proper water tempt gauge.