View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 03:53 PM   #427 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrari needs to tell its drivers that they can pass one another with DRS on the straights and no defending against each other if that is going to happen, but also no dive bombing corners or trying to go around the outside of one another - that just costs time and tires, and risks DNF-ing both cars. Don't fight your teammate (for or against a pass), but if you're truly faster then you'll be in position and have the DRS to get the job done. Period. How hard can that be (to explain to them, or to understand).

If that means they can tow and get DRS off one another, then great. But what it really means is that they will have two cars in the fight when and where they need it. Mechanical issues notwithstanding, of course. That hurt!

It shows how important consistency is in a long championship series, when Mercedes is in a solid third place and only 66 points behind Ferrari. Not even sure why the other teams bother to keep showing up! McLaren and Alpine are tied for 4th but at only 81 points a piece at the halfway point of the series - neither one have been consistent this year, having good races and dismal ones.

Good for Schumacher - In Silverstone he was weaving but this time, from what I saw, he actually defended properly and was decently impressive. Better than I expected. I think he's having fun now. And the improved Ferrari 2022 engine (when it finishes a race) has buoyed both Haas and Alfa Romeo into the middle of the pack.

Last edited by ZCanadian; 07-11-2022 at 04:14 PM.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote