View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 08:09 PM   #363 (permalink)
danegrey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 370Z BK Cherry M6
danegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond repute

SCCA TRACK Night Atlanta Motorsport Park 7/6/2022

I think this has been hottest day that I track since I started... It was 93 with a heat index of 103, really was thinking why I was there....

First Session: This was going to be a slow night, slow in the area of times. Seems, I was traffic all the session. Which produced slower than expected times, but I was getting point byes. Towards the end session I started to notice that my water and oil temperatures were getting a bit high.
Checked my tire pressures and they were off quite a bit. So adjusted them for the next session.

Second Session, kept watching the Oil and Water Temps, Oil got to 260 and stated there. Water Temp, was a bit more concerning, go to the 13/14 dot on the gauge, which meant it was very hot. So I went slower to get the temps down and then tried a hot lap, it just wasn't working. Then the session got blacked flag. Lighting in the area, that pretty much ended the night.

It was a good night for learning new things, like how to drive with temperature problems, and just working on the driving lines. I was paying attention from turn 1 to turn 6. Trying to remember what my sim coach had said. So it made the night still fun.

If you want to know what I am doing or thinking about my temperatures here is the link oil and water Temp, WOW

A few pics

0M1A0921-W.jpg

0M1A0925-W.jpg

4V6A4469-W.jpg

0M1A0983-W.jpg

Best Lap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDlx_DhRaYw[/QUOTE]

Last edited by danegrey; 07-12-2022 at 01:23 PM. Reason: redid video link
danegrey is offline   Reply With Quote