View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 06:54 PM   #178 (permalink)
SeeThruHead
Track Member

Drives: Red '18 Sport Manual
SeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond repute

So I'm preparing to clean my tb's just in case that's causing my CEL issue.
Watch forum member (and local toronto) member MotorvateDIYs video on how to clean the throttle bodies.

Head out to take apart my intake hose and realize it was never properly connected after the engine mount installation.
Tons of unmetered air allowed into the intake.

I realized because in the video he shows the notches lining up.
vs what i had:

Now I wonder if redlining the car repeatedly at the track all day with this intake not connected properly could have caused any permanent damage.
I would assume nissan would run the car rich to protect it in this instance, at least I hope so.
I guess time will tell.

Turned on the car and the CEL was gone. Finally had the last straw and left the shop a pretty scathing google review.
Hopefully that will help warn people to not waste their time there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySK99VbSiTE&t

Last edited by SeeThruHead; 07-16-2023 at 01:53 PM.
SeeThruHead is offline   Reply With Quote