Thread: [For Sale] Custom 370Z hitches !
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 03:37 PM   #979 (permalink)
240se
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Gunmetal 12'
240se is a jewel in the rough240se is a jewel in the rough240se is a jewel in the rough240se is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
So just in case anyone else is still looking at these I’m going to have to say not to do it. I’ve had mine on and used it with a oneup single bike hitch rack for about 4years now. First the welds in the sheet metal started to crack between the frame rails and back sheet metal wall on the inside of the vehicle so I built my on braces to tie the bumper brackets into the rails and that solved that. However I recently had to remove the rear bumper to be re painted after someone side swiped it in the parking lot but it probably saved me some agony as then I noticed the actual bumper brackets have started to crack, luckily caught in time before losing bike and rack on freeway. There simply isn’t enough structure in the z to support any weight.

So I’m now going to sea sucker talon route which I was/am very nervous to throw an extremely expensive mtb bike on but after seeing enough YouTube and 150mph video I think I should be ok.
How much weight did you have on it? Bike racks + bikes?
240se is offline   Reply With Quote