Thread: [For Sale] Berk High-Flow Cats
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 03:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
15 370Z
Base Member

Drives: 15 Nissan 370z R M6
15 370Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMannilow View Post
Looking to add berks in NY as well. If you could confirm it passes that would be great.

A NYS inspector told me NY changed the law that no aftermarket exhaust will pass and the inspector would be responsible... Not sure how strict they will be
I work at a dealership,
We were first told that similar information in regards to the new law, however, after some discussion back and forth, we received a bulletin from the DMV stating "no changes have been made to the motor vehicle inspection guidelines" and that only the enforcement of previous laws and the new one for street driven vehicles creating a disturbance would be targeted. I believe their intention is to reduce the amount of obnoxious vehicles with popcorn tunes, and good on them. The intentionally misfiring sound type tunes from audis, VWs, and subarus locally are absolutely obnoxious.

Anyways, the high flow cats go on Thursday and I'll be driving this weekend with my OBD monitor hooked up, I'll let you know how it goes and the second all of my monitors clear I will have a fresh inspection.
15 370Z is offline   Reply With Quote