View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 11:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Jrah2987
Base Member

Drives: 370z
Jrah2987 is on a distinguished road

Been a bit busy lately, but found some time to get some things done on the Z.

May 16th, 2022

The HKS catback was just too quiet for me, so I went ahead and ordered a set of AAM resonated test pipes. I love everything about these so far, from the fitment, to the updates they give you while they're being built. I will most likely go with AAM again if I choose to replace the HKS exhaust:

The sound is really nice with this setup. No drone or trumpet, and sounds great around 3500-4k. You still get the typical hiss with the test pipes, but I believe that's unavoidable and I'm fine with it.

May 20th, 2022

The tires that came with the car were dry rotting to the point where I didn't feel comfortable driving the car much, so I went ahead and ordered some wheels and tires. I went with what I will be using as my track setup for now.

Wheels - Konig Hypergrams 18x10.5 +25 (19lbs)
Tires - Yokohama Advan Apex 275/35/18

I know it badly needs a drop, and I know it needs a spacer in the rear... 20mm spacer is already ordered, and suspension is coming after brakes.

June 29th, 2022

I finally got the car into a body shop. It took them 4 week to complete the work, but I think it turned out really nice. I still need to get the DRL plugs fitted correctly, and the rear reflector installed, but here's how it sits for now:

I'm really happy with the emblem deletes, and the semi-gloss black. I also drilled some holes in the HKS tips to pull them out a bit more. It's definitely better than it was, but still not happy with it.

Next project is brakes - I ordered a full set of Akebono calipers, Z1's two piece rotors and brake lines, and some new street pads and fluid. I'd like to be able to do an event after the brakes are in, even on stock suspension, just to start getting a feel for the car.

Hopefully more updates coming soon.
Jrah2987 is offline   Reply With Quote