View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 08:39 AM   #880 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

I made a trip out to Lane Automotive, basically it's Summit or Jegs with in driving distance of me. Nick (shop owner) and I came up with a list of -3 and fittings to take care of my brake issues. Crazy, we nailed down the correct length and fittings the first time... well, minus one -3 that was 12" too short. If anyone has done plumbing... you know this doesn't happen often.

When I get back to the shop, we (he did) laid out the -3 loosely to where they should go. The brake booster has two -3 fittings coming out of it. The front brakes have a single line that go into line lock. The line lock splits the line into two front brake lines. The rear works similar but has a T fitting that splits the fluid (no line lock for obvious reasons).

The engine bay looks officially over ran at this point and needs clean up. Honestly, it's not THAT bad compared to VQ using every ounce of space. Ill tuck the lines so they are not hanging all over. I'm super happy about not bending brake lines too. I like the idea of replacing a -3 segment vs bending line. Well, I'll have hardline if I want to try doing something with that in the future. Also, a lot of the wiring can likely be thinned out still (later work).

Not pretty... but here it is:

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote