View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 09:17 AM   #878 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Took my car off the hoist and pushed it out so I could actually get in the car a bit more comfortable; although, the accommodations on the floor were not at all comfortable. I have somewhat broad shoulders and I consume all the available ground space which makes it difficult to operate a drill or secure the pedal correctly. Enough with the complaining...

The sound deadning material was peeled back off the wall a bit and I located a stud which was used to mount the material. An attempt was made to use an 8mm nut on it but upon further inspections I didn't like the idea of that. The stud wiggled back and forth on the wall until it gave way to a hole. I then used a step bit to drill out the hole, and actually made the hole a tad too large. I rolled the dice and was able to get the inserted thread to bite hard. That secured the bottom mount. Top mount was a bit easier because pedal was somewhat secured to mark a hole using a center punch. Drilled the hole just large enough for a bolt to come through on the back side. The base of the bolt has a square end so I think that will get yanked into the metal making a really large stud.

Now that position of the pedal has been figured out I was able to see where to bring the cable through on the firewall. Turns out it needs to go ALL the way up on the firewall where the metal creases. Used a step bit to get another hole just large enough for the threads to poke through. The cable was shortened for the wire positioning. The cable/bar bell was attached to the pedal assembly and it needed to be bent out and shortened by 1" or so because the throw of the top of the pedal hit the car. ... SO, the pedal was removed by unclipping an E clip out of a tiny bar bell located under the dash near the top. I used a pick tool and ripped the E clip off actually. Now this likely sounds uncomfortable... because it is, and it was hot inside the garage, which made it even hotter inside the car (note to self - Buy a box fan and point it in the car) . The E clips were 30cents at the local hardware store so I bought an extra. Something tells me I will lose another one.

Despite my hot boxed rage fest, I was able to snap a couple of pictures. I suspect someone will land here at some point trying to see how to install a drive by cable on a 370z. The pedal used is a Tin Soldiers Mustang Pedal:
https://tinsoldierracecars.com/produ...without-switch

Yeah, that's 220 bucks and I bent and hacked it up. lol

The cable I'm using is technically a Lokar cable but a special twin cable system was released last year for my twin intake setup. If you buy a normal cable they are 100 bucks or so? So what does Holley/Lokar charge for a special production cable system? 350 bucks.
https://www.holley.com/products/ls_p...s/parts/860028

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote