View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 08:03 AM   #23 (permalink)
THE BULL
Base Member

Drives: G37S
THE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2string1 View Post
I knew I was pushing it with my questions. Useful knowledge to most but not for me. I'm close to 75 years old and chances are I will never want spacers again in my life. I may not even want them now. My wheels and tire sizes are pretty common. So is my suspension. I was hoping someone with the same who has used spacers would enlighten me with their knowledge and real time experiences. Your pics and explanations were very helpful and I thank you for that.
I had a somewhat shitty experience with a set.

Billet type 2 spacers, 20mm all around, measured flat, hub centric, OEM 19s

Started to develop vibrations over months, constantly checking for looseness, rotated the spacers around, balanced wheels, etc.

Upon doing rotors I noticed the surfaces of the rotors had hotspots all around the hub, rotor, wheel.

I'm leaning more towards the spacers, I believe either the studs on the spacers were cheap and stretched unevenly over time or the nature of + scrub radius excerting more weight pulls on the studs and deforms the AL over time. I have my doubts being that 20mm of billet AL should be pretty strong to prevent deformations however a stretching stud in this spacer will wreak havoc on the rotating surfaces.

It appears that my fix will require new hubs and rotors.
THE BULL is offline   Reply With Quote