View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
16nz34
Base Member

Drives: 16 Nissan 370Z PW M6
16nz34 is on a distinguished road

Xineering is working on it and actually purchased a used gas pedal assembly from eBay for about $30 so they can bench test it for the 6-pin connector.

I was searching through the FSM's (heck, there are only 50+ PDF files that make up the FSM for the 2016 coupe) and found connector no. E112 in the EC.pdf (Engine Control System) on page EC-562. All of the wire colors match to the connector that plugs into the pedal assembly and I then went to the diagnostic section in the same EC.pdf where a tech would troubleshoot wiring issues and I "think" I was able to extrapolate the pin out.

The E112 is:

Terminal 1 - Color "P" (Pink) - Input Signal
Terminal 2 - Color "V" (Violet) - Ground
Terminal 3 - Color "R" (Red) - Input Signal
Terminal 4 - Color "W" (White) - Ground
Terminal 5 - Color "L" (Light Blue) - Power Supply 5V
Terminal 6 - Color "GR" (Grey) - Power Supply 5V

Doesn't quite correlate to your suggestion that pins 5 and 6 are the APP1 and APP2 signals but I could have gotten something wrong.

The Xineering folks did tell me that it can be troublesome to take the Auto-Blip approach and simply "tap" into these two sensor wires as they are pretty low voltage and they run in a specific mapped range. When you tap into them you can mess with that voltage map and cause CEL issues.
16nz34 is offline   Reply With Quote