View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022, 03:13 PM   #862 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

OIL LINES... All the Fragola 45 degree fittings have a tendency to leak for some reason (with the exception of 2 or so). I decided to bite the bullet and buy XRP crimped lines. They are pretty much the flag ship when it comes to pressure lines. I had 4 lines that I wanted replaced which came out to be 520 dollars... yup, 4 lines. Two lines are 22", one 52" and one 60".

Leash electronics came in. This should be the last component for my electrical. One step forward, here is the two step back: The Tilton pedal doesnt work because it requires a whole assembly to hang the unit. I'm going to use a simple metal pedal at this point. Maybe down the road I will switch to an entire floor mount Tilton assembly.

Bought a finger sander to speed up the process of sanding for my cubby mold, boy did that get down! Wish I started with that a long time ago. 40bucks on Amazon, well worth it. I can also hook my vacuum to the sander so I'm not blowing dust ALL over the garage.

I had to revisit my shifter because it was too low, see the last post. So close... but not quite done. The linkage pushes up on the center console. Let me backup. I had to raise the unit to give it more clearance, both front and rear. Raised it with nylon collars which fixed one issue and made another This is why custom stuff sucks. �� Good news, I have a functional transmission.... Well.... I need to plug in the cable, which is next to the frame.... That's a different issue for a different day. I forgot to mention that I cleaned the wire hole up and hit it with a dimple die.

Also... Forgot to put the grommet in... Or did I... Since I need the wiring through that hole. I will say that the height appears to be perfect. The red lever is now higher than the console slightly (perfect). I also have few hours into making the aluminum plate which works with the OEM rubber boot. Custom stuff... Gesh

Last edited by gbrettin; 06-07-2022 at 04:40 PM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote