View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 07:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
NorthStyle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
NorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z is 4 ZEBRA! View Post
Great work! Any chance for a how-to?

I found this on amazon, would this be correct?
https://www.amazon.com/Deutsch-8-pin...4549705&sr=8-5

Is this basically just cutting the existing harness, and soldering it to the DTM harness on both ends to get the extra length? Hope my questions make sense, my electrical experience is less than average.

I appreciate you being the guinea pig with this!
I was going to do a How-To but with there already being one for removing the steering wheel/airbag and another few for adding aftermarket wheels/spacers, I didn't see the point. Really, once you have the spacer in hand it only goes one way and the only partially confusing part is making sure you don't mix the washer that comes with the spacer vs the OEM one on the 19mm steering wheel nut.

For the connector, you'd ideally want one that is 20awg or above, probably a 22awg if you can find one. But, yes, beyond that its' just cutting/matching/soldering. Extremely simple so long as you have a set of helping hands (or an extra set of hands).
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote