Thread: best rotors
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 06:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
DarkJak
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z
DarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond repute

For stock brakes, the Stoptech replacements for the Akebonos hold up well.
If you're willing to shave off some material from the stock caliper, I have a set of rotors using Wilwood 72 vane rings that also held up really well. Extra bonus being the Wilwood rings are also cheap.

I looked into Racing Brake but was skeptical on long term replacement rings, and haven't looked into Frozen before.

Unfortunately, the extra pad depth (2.25" vs 2") plus the bulky caliper design that has extra material that sits more inwards than necessary means a ton of great ring options just don't work for the Akebonos.

EDIT:
Another option I find interesting the Paragon's 2 piece kit
https://paragonbrakes.com/2-piece-ro...t-nissan-370z/
I have a set of their rotors I just bought for my Exige, which stood out due to vane count and air gap, which other OEM sized 2 piece rotors were worse on. I don't know much on how their rings hold up though.
09 7AT|MCS 2WNR|Topgunz Rotrex|Ecutek (Eugene)|Maxxis RC1|Titan-7 TS-5|OSG LSD|Rear Mount Derale Oil Cooler (WIP)+25 Trans Cooler|Fismo|G-LOC R12/R10|Zeta III L|NLR Wing and Splitter|CJM Pan and Fuel Hat|Radium Surge Tank|AP Racing CP9668

Last edited by DarkJak; 06-03-2022 at 09:52 AM.
DarkJak is offline   Reply With Quote