View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 06:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BULL View Post
All that they are is a heavy duty spring trying to return to resting mode.
Depending on how far out you are in the mark will point to a tired tensioner.
As long as the belt is the same size as OEM only thing that would change this would be belt thickness. A thinner belt in size will yield a looser spec.

This is usually a working or not working item. If it holds tension it should be fine until the next belt interval.
Ok that’s what I thought, thing that made me want to replace it is that even after replacing the old worn out oem belt with a new oem belt from Nissan is that the wear indicator on the tensioner itself is all the way out to where it would typically be when I know the belt needs to be replaced just barely outside the last mark. I bought the current tensioner as a used unit that supposedly only had about 60,000 on the tensioner assembly thinking maybe it would buy me some time till I got my hands on a new oem unit. It did its job, I’ll say that lol…the other thing that clued me in was when I went to take tension off the old belt the tensioner arm seemed to move with much less resistance than the last time I changed out a belt
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote