View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 04:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan 1771 View Post
Don't get me wrong, Maryland has its issues, but they are no where near California's when it comes to this situation. We have to get our emissions tested every two years, and if you read about it, it sounds stringent, but in reality its a joke. I just took my Mazda last week. We actually have self serve kiosks you just drive up to, put your info in and hook the testing cable up to the OBDII port. As long as there is no CEL, you'll pass every time. This is why I have race cats on the Z. No one is doing visual inspections and the Cops don't care about loud exhaust kits. If they really cared, they would be doing visual checks and enforcement. They just want the $10.00 fee associated with it for every car that is registered in the state. Its all a scam. States don't give a crap about noise pollution. Its all about bringing in more money to the government. With the mass exodus from California, they will be increasing taxes and fines for those that stay. They will need to make up for the difference for the ones who escaped..... Just my $0.02
Our's is tested through the OBDII port also but we certainly don't have drive up kiosks (that would be convenient). We don't have state visual inspections but the smog station can visually look and see if you have non compliant parts and fail you. It's easy to find one that'll look the other way as long as it doesn't have any codes. The young kids in their **** boxes have given us a bad rap, I don't get a second look from the cops. You're right, it is a big scam. For every gallon of gas, 55 cents of it is going for taxes California is a great state, unfortunately, the other party is completely fuking it up. I've been here for 60 years, I watched it go through the changes that brought it to where it's at right now. It would be hard to pack up and leave at this stage of my life but if the right opportunity presented itself, if be up for it. It just wouldn't be in a snow or democratic state.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote