View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 03:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Spartan 1771
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Wife crazy & 09 370Z
Spartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
While I agree California is a clown show, most of our issues come from the fuking idiots that do the intersection takeovers. That's triggered the cops to pull over a lot more modified vehicles. I have no problem getting my car smogged here and I'm not a big fan of loud cars (Tomei equipped Z's come to mind). I don't care for the states nazi tactics though on how they're proposing to deal with the loud vehicles.

I'd prefer not to move away from California if I can help it (I can drive my car year round in beautiful weather), we just need to get more people to vote differently. Maryland appears to have pretty stringent smog laws and is controlled by Democrats too. Wouldn't surprise me to see them follow in California's footsteps.
Don't get me wrong, Maryland has its issues, but they are no where near California's when it comes to this situation. We have to get our emissions tested every two years, and if you read about it, it sounds stringent, but in reality its a joke. I just took my Mazda last week. We actually have self serve kiosks you just drive up to, put your info in and hook the testing cable up to the OBDII port. As long as there is no CEL, you'll pass every time. This is why I have race cats on the Z. No one is doing visual inspections and the Cops don't care about loud exhaust kits. If they really cared, they would be doing visual checks and enforcement. They just want the $10.00 fee associated with it for every car that is registered in the state. Its all a scam. States don't give a crap about noise pollution. Its all about bringing in more money to the government. With the mass exodus from California, they will be increasing taxes and fines for those that stay. They will need to make up for the difference for the ones who escaped..... Just my $0.02

-DD Air Guide, Stillen G3 CAIs, 63mm Throttle Bodies, Motordyne M370, Berk HFCs, FI TDX CBE (non-res, CF), Sprint booster v3, Ecutek Dyno Tuned, and the list goes on...

Last edited by Spartan 1771; 05-07-2022 at 03:46 PM.
Spartan 1771 is offline   Reply With Quote