View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 10:08 AM   #858 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

My ship has leaks! I ended up fixing three leaks on the fuel system and 4 oil system. Two of the oil leaks were super easy... Apparently the pan's NPT fitting needed a lot more pressure . AN line had to be taken apart and clipped with a hose cutter to make them flush, previously I used a angle grinder which accounts for those leaks. The PTFE lines... I just gave those Zeus's beast arm on the fittings to cinch them down.

I expected some leaks, so this really wasn't bad. The PTFE lines and fittings from Hot Rod fuel hose are awesome. The aluminum used on the fittings are soft so if you mess up, use a new fitting... but they are cheap enough just to have extra on hand. I've seen a few shop builds use those PTFE fittings so I can recommend them if anyone is thinking about using them. Down the road, I might have all hydraulic clamped lines. we'll see.

Brake pedal came in, Hopefully I can get it installed Saturday. Tonight I need to fix the belt wrap on my accessories... It's too close for comfort to the water pump and it will rub or throw belts (which will be a PITA to get back on).

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote