View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts3 View Post
My airbag indicator light is flashing and I can't shut it off. It's flashing because I was an idiot when I swapped my gauges and started the car without the dash light plugged in. Ever since then it's been flashing in debug mode (showing the code with flashes). I have ignored it for a while because I know what the cause is.

So now I got my hands on a scanner that can read/clear SRS codes. When I pulled the codes I got b00d5 (Passenger Airbag OFF Indicator Lamp) which is exactly what I expected it to be. I used the scanner to clear the code. After clearing the code the airbag light is still flashing, but not in debug mode. It's the standard slow off/on. If I read the SRS codes again, there is nothing there anymore.

How do I get this light to shut off?

I've tried the reset procedure many many times and it doesn't work for me. I have a '17, and I haven't heard anyone who's got the procedure to work on a '17.

I know the scanner did something, because the flashing pattern is different and the code doesn't show up anymore
Are you sure you didn't pinch off one of the wires to the airbag light when reinstalling the dash?