View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
THE BULL
Base Member

Drives: G37S
THE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Intake questions

Hello there, I would like to hear about folks who have done modifications to their tubular intakes or OEM boxes.

I've been messing with VHR OEM boxes for some time and like many have found they flow really well. I've also seen folks obtaining great results from adding velocity stacks to their existing intakes and obtain positive results as well.

This train of thought came from months of research and observation.
A member of the VHR FB group posted a a year back data showing OEM boxes showing positive pressures at high RPM/High speeds and how replacing the seals on the ducts of the boxes created better data and some positive results.

I then took a look at the VHR Q50 and their boxes have a bigger filter and a more uniform rear part of the rear box and a huge opening fed from the front.

After seeing y'alls boy Admin pulling 350whp on stock Q50 boxes it made me curious as to their potential and limits.

I took a spare set of OEM boxes paired with some Drop in filters and enlarged the opening to accept a 3.8 feed that went by the grill. From a butt dyno perspective it felt great.
It pulled a lot more vs vehicles I had raced against.

After finding a set of Q50 boxes I took those and started modifying them. Some drop in filters for those and a custom front to the 3.8 tube and I have a bit more power and sound from OEM boxes.

In theory it makes sense, Huge volume box with a huge opening fed by the front tapered to the OEM tubes. Ideally a better setup would be to increase that back taper so it goes to a 2.7 or 3 inch rear tube into the TBs.

I suspect for tubulars a 3.5 -3.7 tube that would taper to 3 in could be fit, kept at 3.0 for easy MAF scaling would yield some nice results.

Open to ideas or suggestions. Thanks in advance
THE BULL is offline   Reply With Quote