Thread: Time to sell?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 08:15 AM   #31 (permalink)
MZ DAIZY
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Miss Daisy
MZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyzilla View Post
I, along with most people here, can guarantee the new Z will not be had for anywhere near 40k - at least for the first year. Just like the corolla gr. If the supply chain is still the way it is, dealerships are going to continue to ride that wave and just go with allocations/orders. Honestly it works for them. Cars are sold before they get to the lot. Nothing has to sit around so they don't need to negotiate. Guaranteed business with maximum profit. Mark-up is icing on top. Furthermore, I swear they are installing all these dumb a$$ accessories like pin stripes, ceramic coating, door edge guards, etc. that you have no other option but to purchase with the car.

Also, I'd go as far to say that out of all the cars that have been introduced recently, the new Z probably has the most anticipation.

My point is, how long can you actually wait? I'd say tack on another year on top of the new Z's actual release date (and I mean when they are hitting the docks) for a "decent" deal.
I agree with your assumption. For the most part...

I don’t see much demand for a new Z at $60,000. For a couple of more bucks, you’re talking Corvette money.

Like I said, for $40,000 new and $36,000 down on mine, it’s a no brainer.

I don’t see them selling many at $60,000. Just my opinion. It’s a wacky market.