View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 03:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
dts3
Track Member

Drives: 08 Expedition
dts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another Air Bag Light Thread

My airbag indicator light is flashing and I can't shut it off. It's flashing because I was an idiot when I swapped my gauges and started the car without the dash light plugged in. Ever since then it's been flashing in debug mode (showing the code with flashes). I have ignored it for a while because I know what the cause is.

So now I got my hands on a scanner that can read/clear SRS codes. When I pulled the codes I got b00d5 (Passenger Airbag OFF Indicator Lamp) which is exactly what I expected it to be. I used the scanner to clear the code. After clearing the code the airbag light is still flashing, but not in debug mode. It's the standard slow off/on. If I read the SRS codes again, there is nothing there anymore.

How do I get this light to shut off?

I've tried the reset procedure many many times and it doesn't work for me. I have a '17, and I haven't heard anyone who's got the procedure to work on a '17.

I know the scanner did something, because the flashing pattern is different and the code doesn't show up anymore