View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 09:18 AM   #5988 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abm89 View Post
good to hear the motor is fine. I'm about to do some PS maintenance myself. I'm still holding out on getting a new rack, but I plan on getting the stillen PS cooler (looks to work better with the space constraints I have with my center mount oil cooler).
Got the bearing work done but still making noise. Turns out the alternator is toast (as suspected) since the PS fluid was leaking onto it. New Denso alternator and we're going to change out an o-ring at the electrical connector and keep an eye on the weep.

Another possibility is the switch in the system but we'll see if the o-ring sorts it out first. There was also some play in the PS pump, but the backup one I have has exactly the same amount of play. Can rebuild my original PS pump if we can't sort out the leak.

I have the CZP PS cooler. Rack was replaced under warranty a few years back at 80K miles.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote