Thread: Time to sell?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 05:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
MZ DAIZY
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Miss Daisy
MZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeThruHead View Post
Well I would assume you'd need another car. At an inflated price. Which you wouldn't be able to get rid of until the market drops. so you'd sell for a loss.

In canada at least you pay taxes on any purchase of a car. so that's taxes x2 to the government.

Not to mention you're sitting for a year or two with a **** car you hate driving.

Only to what, get the new Z at a dealer markup?

If you can swap you z for a bicycle until the market drops maybe.

5k - taxes isn't enough of a profit for me to warrant driving a **** car for over a year tho. But again, everyones situation is different.

I'd rather have the car for that time, enjoy driving and building it.

The new Z looks great but I'd much rather have my 370z.

Also we're heading into a recession so, a payed off car sounds like a great idea.
Yes, we’re on the same page. I’m seriously thinking about buying a bike. More specific, one of the 1000’s of Harleys that Dentists and Accountants own and freeze my arse off for a year or two until this market gets sorted out.

The problem is my wife doesn’t want me on a bike anymore...

I have a 2011 Kia with 25,000 miles on it that my wife uses as a grocery getter. So i have options.