View Single Post
Old 04-25-2022, 10:35 AM   #39 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedmeister View Post
I use the LiquiMoly MolyGen 5-40. But my temps are really low.
Had a full track day at Sebring in January with ambient temps in the low 80's
and my max oil temp was 190. Cooling is dependent on the ability of the
air to flow through the cooler, so space behind the cooler is critical.
I only have the factory water temp gauge, so I don't know what the temps
are, but they are in the low mid range. There is only the small power steering
fluid cooler in front of the radiator and the air is forced through the radiator with ducting. It is angled forward so there good room for air to come through the radiator and exit through the vented hood. The oil cooler is where the windshield washer fluid reservoir was and there is ducting to force the air into
the cooler, plus lots of space to exit into the wheel well. I need to install some
protection for it from debris coming off the tire. There are also secondary openings in the bumper that allow air to enter and flow through the engine bay and help dissipate the hot air.
It was nice meeting you at Sebring.
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote