View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 07:24 PM   #313 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSTR View Post
Was hoping to see a Bottas pass on Russell. The rest was a mess lol.

No DRS shows us how sad this current formulae is. Its not enough to be close and stay there. The engine parity reduces closure and you NEED DRS to pass. This was a big example of how ADDICTED F1 is to DRS.

Mercedes will need a new floor to even get a grip on porpoise issue. Russell now is complaining of chest and back pain due to the porpoising of the chassis. Uh......thats not good and in some industries they would have to fix this issue immediately etc. As an employee he would have leverage legally. I was worried about that watching the amount they are suffering. You cant build and race a car that will destroy your drivers health just 'driving' it around. Nuts.

Russell battling back and chest pains thanks to porpoising
George Russell says he is starting to struggle with back and chest pains as a result of the extreme porpoising the current generation of Formula 1 cars are experiencing.

Jonathan Noble
By:
Jonathan Noble
Co-author:
Adam Cooper
Apr 24, 2022, 1:45 PM

The bouncing phenomenon has returned to F1 as a consequence of the new ground effect cars that have been designed to try to help improve the racing.

While some teams have managed to get a better handle on the matter, Mercedes is one of the teams that has suffered the most from it.

And beyond the competitive compromises that the porpoising has forced upon Mercedes, Russell has confessed to now having to battle the pain barrier.

Speaking about how his W13 feels from the cockpit, Russell said: "When the car is in the right window and the tyres are in the right window, the car - except for the bouncing - feels really good to drive.

"But the bouncing: it really takes your breath away. It's the most extreme I've ever felt it.

"I really hope we find a solution and I hope every team struggling with the bouncing finds a solution, because it's not sustainable for the drivers to continue.

"This is the first weekend I've truly been struggling with my back, and almost like chest pains from the severity of the bouncing. It's just what we have to do to go and do the fastest laps."
Haven't looked too hard into it but was watching clips on YT and someone mentioned that Russell's floor was legitimately damaged. That had me wondering how much an F1 driver's health was at risk, although I imagine it's in varying degrees if the front runners seem to be able to focus entirely the racing itself with no complaints.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote