View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 04:31 PM   #5965 (permalink)
Averying
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z, '03 G35
Averying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond repute
Default What did you do with your Z today V (ON TOPIC DISCUSSION ONLY)

First autocross of the season (in reasonable weather at least). Smashed a cone and ripped out my fender liner, overdid my new ‘street’ brake pads, and blew out an exhaust gasket before the muffler when an exhaust bolt rattled off. The car sounds like a monster truck now. Eventful day to say the least!! Lol

I guess I was too optimistic that basic ‘street’ pads would be fine for autocross. Although the course I’m running in RI has some very open sections where I’m able to get pretty deep into 3rd gear. Probably 80mph or so. I did enjoy that these pads had much more modulation whereas I found myself locking up the fronts too easily under hard braking with the carbotechs.

I’m going to have to step up to something like EBC Red/Yellowstuff for a dailyable pad that can better handle autox. Any recommendations or should I just go right to the EBCs and call it a day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2009 Sport Touring | Platinum Graphite | GTM Stage 1 Supercharger | BC BR Coilovers | Hotchkis Swaybar | Z1 FUCAs | AME TM-02 Wheels | Z1 2-piece Front Rotors | Z1 Clutch & Flywheel | Invidia Gemini Catback | GTM Resonated Test Pipes
Averying is offline   Reply With Quote