View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 02:32 PM   #344 (permalink)
danegrey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 370Z BK Cherry M6
danegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond repute

Last Wednesday (4/13) I did my first track event of the year, it was at SCCA Track Night at Atlanta Motorsport Park.
Just commenting on how my evening went.

It was the first time of running a square setup (alken AZENIS RT660 - 275/35 18
rims ENKEI RPF1 18X10.5 +15 ). SCCA Track night is setup for 3 20 minutes sessions.
What made this night so interesting, they asked me to move up to advance. I said ok.
Was a little axnoius.

First session - start with tire pressure on the High side - Cold front 34 cold rear 32.
Just a way to get an idea on how the fires were going to perform. It was just fun getting
back on the track and getting back into the groove.

Came in and the tire pressure hot was 4 pounds too much all around. So for the next session
I dropped the front to 32 and the rear to 30. I got out a little late on the 2nd session
and immediately had to let a porsche boxster and C5 vette by. These two were running
pretty close together. So once I found my pace, I caught up to them. And for a bit it
was a 3 car train. But after a couple of laps the Vette pointed me by and the next lap
the porsche did too. And to my surprise I pulled away on them. Felt good, car felt good and
turned my quickest time 1.39.64. But was not the most consistent when it came to lap times.

Checked tire pressures and they were about right on, Except the front left, it was a couple of
pounds about 39. So next session I did the same starting pressures, but dropped the front left down
to 31. The last session I wanted to be more consistent with my times Things went well. Low of 1.39.94
and high of 141.47. That felt real good. It might have been help with the fact the I was following
a s2000 and keeping pace with it. Close enough to follow, but not close enough to go around.

Thou I did run into two new items I need to learn about.
1) Turn 10, I could feel the left front rolling on itself. Even thou the left front pressure was a
bit higher. So next time leave the pressure a bit higher
2) Next, is I was hitting the rev limit coming out 16 to the start finish line. Hmm, I said, must now
be carring more speed out of 16.

So it was a fun and interesting evening

4V6A0537-L.jpg

5B4A3891-L.jpg