View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 06:53 AM   #36 (permalink)
MotorvateDIY
Base Member

Drives: G37 Sport
MotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond reputeMotorvateDIY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeThruHead View Post
One page that could be really neat for track folks is. 4 squares showing tire load on each tire.

Would install 4 linear potentiometers on the cars suspension. connect to your bluetooth server. send values to the display. Set the motion ratio and spring rates for front and rear somehow. And calculate the load for each wheel based on suspension compression.
That's an interesting idea... I would see if a laser-ranging module could be used for suspension travel, much cheaper and easier to install.

Once the gauge development/testing is done, I think the next project it a real time tire surface temperature display using an IR array sensor. Tire temps are a very useful tool to suspension tuning.

For now, my focus are the gauges and a standalone G37 MT6 gear position indicator (displays 1-6 using the factory cluster)
MotorvateDIY is offline   Reply With Quote