View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 07:00 PM   #5959 (permalink)
SeeThruHead
Track Member

Drives: Red '18 Sport Manual
SeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond repute

Did my first hand wash on my new 2018 z yesterday. Spend about 3 hours washing with some new products. Bilt Hamber touchless and a few others.

Continued today with another 3 hours. Decon wash and two stage paint correction on the hood. Used 3D One + meguiars microfibre cutting pad. Then a jeweling step with sonax perfect finish and a rupes yellow foam pad.

Hood has some paint chips in it otherwise i would have ceramic coated it.
Instead I put some Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutiions Ceramic/Graphene wax on the whole car.

As i was just finishing polishing a portion of the hood I looked up to see the new 2023 Z go by. The dark blue one. Only got to see that back of it. Kind of annoyed the driver didn't give me a heads up honk when he saw I was polishing my Z.

Oh well.

^ I'm going to get the Viofo 129 Pro I think this time. I watched a head to head with the thinkware and you can't really tell the difference between the thinkware 1440p rear and the viofo 1080p rear. And the viofo is cheaper and has only the features I care about.

Also ordered a super low profile jack so I can lift from the front and rear service jack points. Need to get under the car soon to remove rust and spray it down with rust inhibitor.

oh and i got a 100usd refund on the doors. I harvested all the darker nismo colour parts out of them to transplant to my car.

EDIT: Actually going to pick up a thinkware u1000. The parking features and the radar sensor make it a better buy over the viofo imo.

Last edited by SeeThruHead; 04-18-2022 at 11:19 AM.
SeeThruHead is offline   Reply With Quote