View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 02:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
THE BULL
Base Member

Drives: G37S
THE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averying View Post
So Redline 5w30 viscosity when hot is 11.9 cSt. Mobil 1 5w30 is 10.2cSt. This means Redline is well above average in terms of 5w30 thickness, and Mobil 1 is below average.
Source: http://www.pqiamerica.com/viscosity.htm

Now that I think about it, I wonder if I had my AC on as well which would’ve bumped up my idle a bit and thus the pressure

Between Redline being thicker and my AC possibly being on, I think I just answered my own question and there’s no need to worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well your idle with the AC on should be a bout the same with just about a 4-6% increase in load. On the contrary having the AC on will lower coolant temperatures a bit so this will affect the oil cooler as well since the fans are running constantly.

Though the filter shouldnt be so much of a difference you'd have to revert to the stock filter and compare the data to conclude that it's the oil.

Either way I've heard nothing but greatness coming from redline.
THE BULL is offline   Reply With Quote